Ms2ger,

Last September, some obsolescence text was added to the DOM 2 Views REC:

[[
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Views/#notice-20110922
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-DOM-Level-2-Views-20001113/

*Document Status Update 2011-09-22*: This paragraph is informative. The concepts this document defines are obsolete. The 'document' and 'defaultView' attributes are defined in the HTML5 <http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/> specification with simplified semantics. The Web Applications Working Group <http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/> encourages implementation of these concepts as defined by HTML5.
]]

I think the proponents for adding obsolescence text to the other RECs should make a specific proposal for each REC.

-AB