It seems like this may be setting up a pattern for other dom objects which
are large (like video/audio).

When applied in this context, is "close" still a good verb for them?

  video.close();

dave

PS I'm trying to not bikeshed too badly by avoiding a new name suggestion
and allowing for the fact that close may be an ok name.