On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 14:01:47 +0200, Jarred Nicholls <jar...@webkit.org> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 1:20 AM, Simon Pieters <sim...@opera.com> wrote:

On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 18:37:46 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jo...@sicking.cc>
wrote:

 Sounds great to me. The ports attribute is basically useless except in
this
one instance since ports are these days expose as part of structured
clones.

Avoiding using it in this arguably weird way in this one instance seems
like a win to me.

I'd like to have an opinion from WebKit and Microsoft about this proposal.
Can someone comment or cc relevant people, please?

FWIW this to me seems like a good improvement to the intuitiveness.

OK. To make things clear, are you OK with making this change in WebKit?

Since
a MessageEvent interface is being used, qualifying that *source* WindowProxy
is populated is all that's needed?

It wouldn't be a WindowProxy, but a port. I'd also make .ports null. The IDL for MessageEvent's source member would need to change type from WindowProxy? to object?.

cheers

 / Jonas