On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 9:01 AM, Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen
<hallv...@opera.com> wrote:
>>> Are you claiming that the W3C is in the business of plagiarizing?
>>
>> I'm saying that the W3C (and this working group in particular) is
>> taking Anne's work, without his permission, and passing it off as its
>> own.
>
> Speaking as one of the W3C-editors of the spec: first I agree that crediting
> needs to be sorted out, and that Anne should be credited in a way that better
> reflects his contributions. I appreciate that Ms2ger points this out during
> the RfC.
>
> Secondly, I think it's a bit harsh to say that we take his work "without his
> permission" - legally I believe the WHATWG deliberately publishes under a
> licence that allows this, and on a moral and practical basis as W3C-editors
> intend to collaborate with Anne in the best possible way under a situation
> that's not really by our design, we involve him in discussions, appreciate
> his input, I've also sent pull requests on GitHub to keep the specs in sync
> and intend to continue to do so. I hope that claiming that we act without
> Anne's permission depicts a working environment that's less constructive than
> what we're both aiming for and achieving.

I'm happy that you and Anne have a productive working relationship.
My comment is based on this message:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2012OctDec/0538.html

Perhaps I should have moved the phrase "without his permission" to the
end of the sentence.

Adam