On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Adam Barth <w...@adambarth.com> wrote:

> My concern is not about copyright.  My concern is about passing off
> Anne's work as our own.

As I have pointed out above, W3C specs do not track authorship or
individual contributions to the WG process. If Anne performed his work as
author in the context of participating in the W3C process, then there is no
obligation to acknowledge that, though there is a long standing practice of
including an Acknowledgments section or paragraph that enumerates
contributors. I would think that listing Anne as Editor or Former Editor
and listing Anne in an Acknowledgments paragraph should be entirely
consistent with all existing W3C practice.

Are you asking for more than this? And if so, then what is the basis for
that?