The usecase is that I write a productivity application using WebGL which
has a need to bundle images residing in computed textures into one archive
(tar, zip etc.).

- The images belong together (such as normal, height, tangent, specular
color, specular power, albedo etc.)
- The archive has to land in a typed array so it can efficiently be put
into a blob url, put into an XHR for upload to cloud storage, etc.
- Which means the images encoded have to land in a typed array
- Which means the described process is currently the "best" on offer by
browsers.
- Which should be rectified.