On 6/23/14 4:04 PM, Glenn Adams wrote:
What is the plan, i.e., schedule timeline, for moving WebIDL to REC? We have now a two year old CR that appears to be stuck and a 2nd Edition that I'm not sure has made it to FPWD.

Hi Glenn, All,

I don't have any new info re v1 beyond what Boris said a few weeks ago in this thread: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2014AprJun/0162.html>.

Cameron, Boris - please reply to Glenn's question.

Given the high degree of dependency from other specs and implementations on this work, we really need to find a way to wrap up this work or at least publish something reasonably stable.

I think the new(ish) normative reference policy [1] provides some guidance on how to handle this situation (and WebApps has been able to advance several of its specs to REC despite them having a normative reference to Web IDL). Are there specific specs (and Web IDL features) that concern you, Glenn?

-Thanks, AB

[1] <http://www.w3.org/2013/09/normative-references>

Regards,
Glenn