We’re willing to continue talking through those issues in an attempt to reach a
solution.  I do think SRVNames would be a useful improvement.  For us, the lack
of movement has had more to do with time constraints than technical constraints!

While SRVNames do offer a way to scope the authority to a particular service
(on any port), there's been no movement towards adopting them in the CA/Browser
Forum, due to the issues they would have with technically constrained sub-CAs.