I’ll endorse.

From: Public [mailto:public-boun...@cabforum.org] On Behalf Of Dimitris
Zacharopoulos via Public
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2018 2:19 AM
To: public@cabforum.org
Subject: [cabfpub] Ballot proposal - Update Section 8.4 for CA audit criteria

I am looking for two endorsers for the following ballot.

Dimitris.

Ballot XXX - Update Section 8.4 for CA audit criteria

The following motion has been proposed by Dimitris Zacharopoulos of HARICA and
endorsed by ___ and ___

Background:

Section 8.4 of the Baseline Requirements describes the audit criteria for CAs
that issue Publicly-Trusted SSL/TLS Certificates. This ballot attempts to
achieve two things:

1.      Remove the old ETSI TS documents
2.      Align the WebTrust and ETSI requirements

"WebTrust for Certification Authorities" is equivalent to "ETSI EN 319 401" and
"WebTrust Principles and Criteria for Certification Authorities – SSL Baseline
with Network Security" is the equivalent of "ETSI EN 319 411-1".

-- MOTION BEGINS --

Replace the first two numbered items in section 8.4 of the Baseline
Requirements from:

1.      WebTrust for Certification Authorities v2.0;
2.      A national scheme that audits conformance to ETSI TS 102 042 / ETSI EN
319 411-1; or

to:

1.      WebTrust Principles and Criteria for Certification Authorities – SSL
Baseline with Network Security;
2.      A national scheme that audits conformance to ETSI EN 319 411-1; or

-- MOTION ENDS --

The procedure for this ballot is as follows (exact start and end times may be
adjusted to comply with applicable Bylaws and IPR Agreement):

BALLOT XXX Status: Update BR Section 8.4 for CA audit criteria

Start time (22:00 UTC)

End time (22:00 UTC)

Discussion (7+ days)

TBD (hopefully 23 April 2018)

TBD

Vote for approval (7 days)

TBD

TBD according to voting start time

If vote approves ballot: Review Period (Chair to send Review Notice) (30 days)
If Exclusion Notice(s) filed, ballot approval is rescinded and PAG to be
created.
If no Exclusion Notices filed, ballot becomes effective at end of Review Period.
Votes must be cast by posting an on-list reply to this thread on the Public
Mail List.

Upon filing of Review Notice by Chair

30 days after filing of Review Notice by Chair

>From the Bylaws section 2.4(a): "If the Draft Guideline Ballot is proposing a
>Final Maintenance Guideline, such ballot will include a redline or comparison
>showing the set of changes from the Final Guideline section(s) intended to
>become a Final Maintenance Guideline, and need not include a copy of the full
>set of guidelines. Such redline or comparison shall be made against the Final
>Guideline section(s) as they exist at the time a ballot is proposed, and need
>not take into consideration other ballots that may be proposed subsequently,
>except as provided in Section 2.4(j) below".

Votes must be cast by posting an on-list reply to this thread on the Public
list. A vote in favor of the motion must indicate a clear 'yes' in the
response. A vote against must indicate a clear 'no' in the response. A vote to
abstain must indicate a clear 'abstain' in the response. Unclear responses will
not be counted. The latest vote received from any representative of a voting
member before the close of the voting period will be counted. Voting members
are listed here: https://cabforum.org/members/

In order for the motion to be adopted, two thirds or more of the votes cast by
members in the CA category and greater than 50% of the votes cast by members in
the browser category must be in favor. Quorum is shown on CA/Browser Forum
wiki. Under the Bylaws section 2.3(g), at least the required quorum number must
participate in the ballot for the ballot to be valid, either by voting in
favor, voting against, or abstaining.