On 2014-08-05 05:53, Takashi Sakamoto wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I tested this functionality with my two devices below. As a result, the
> fallback did not work well. Please check the attached files.
>
> Echo Audio Audiofile 4 (6ch capture/6ch playback)
> M-Audio FireWire Audiophile (4ch capture/6ch playback)

Thanks for testing!

Looking at the logs, there is no sign of the multichannel profile at
all. It makes me wonder if you're actually testing with my patch set
applied, can you double check that there indeed is a "Multichannel"
mapping in your default.conf? It was applied to git master last Friday.

If you're sure this is the case, I'll write a patch with some more
debugging info that hopefully can help us pinpoint why it's working with
my card but not with yours.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic