Hello:

I record sound from flash stream using pulseaudio.
This is the command I use for recording sound:
pacat --record -d alsa_output.pci-0000_00_06.0.analog-stereo.monitor | sox -t
raw -r 44100 -s -L -b 16 -c 2 - "output.wav".

I use pavucontrol to control sound volumes for recording and playing the sound.
In playback tab: ALSA plugin volume; in Recording tab: pacat: pacat from
Monitor of Built-in Audio Analog Stereo; in Output devices tab: Built-in Audio
Analog Stereo Port: Line Out (plugged in).

The problem is when I change the output volume in the output tab (Output
devices tab: Built-in Audio Analog Stereo Por) it changes the recording volume
too, therefore I can't change the listening volume level when I record sound.

How could I make recording volume independent from the output volume I listen
to?

Thanks,

Istvan