On 19 September 2016 at 15:00, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) <rud...@rudd-o.com> wrote:

> I believe that there's a good compromise to be made:
>
> 1. if PulseAudio ('s D-Bus session) is tied to a GUI session in X11 or
> Wayland,

It appears the world is moving towards per-user daemons from the
per-session model. This means this part may not be valid. However, a
different solution might be to use the logind api[1] to determine if
there is any graphical session by the current user attached to the
seat corresponding to the hdmi device (this can be obtained via the
ID_SEAT udev property, or seat0 as fallback).

[1] https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/logind/

--

Saludos,
Felipe Sateler