Hi,

I'm trying to get Jack detection with ALSA UCM working nicely on an ARM platform
but I am currently hitting a few issues. In the kernel, soc-jack (used on e.g.
ARM SoCs) will not create a kcontrol so the JackControl property can't be used
directly (as far as I have understood). Some UCM files provide "JackName" to
specify the input device name to use, which is provided in the ASoC case.

Would it make sense to add support for JackName in ALSA? (Even though I
understood it is somewhat deprecated and using input devices may lead to right
issues.)

However, plug-in/out events can lead to some controls to be toggled by the
kernel driver. Would it make sense, would it work and would it be a good idea to
use them for the "JackControl" property?

What do you think is the proper solution here?

Thanks

[0]:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/sound/soc/soc-jack.c?id=refs/tags/v4.8-rc7#n51
--
Paul Kocialkowski, developer of low-level free software for embedded devices

Website: https://www.paulk.fr/
Coding blog: https://code.paulk.fr/
Git repositories: https://git.paulk.fr/ https://git.code.paulk.fr/