Dear all,

I help a blind person to figure out a sound issue.

She has a "Intel Corporation C600/X79 series chipset High Definition Audio Controller (rev 05)" with several jack input/output plug.

On Windows everything works correctly, she can choose which jack plug she wants to use for output and which one to use for input. Indeed, when a jack is plugged Windows open a dialog with a list to choose if it is a micro or an headphone.

On Debian 8, with Linux kernel 4.9 and PulseAudio 7 only one entry work for input and one work for output. If I change the jack cable of plug entry I noticed "unplugged" state on PavuControl.

What I can do to chose myself which one I want for output and which one for input ?

Best regards.
--
Alex ARNAUD
Visual-Impairment Project Manager