A bit unlucky but at least now I know that the tunnel sink doesn't switch the
sample rate – after you initiate a server connection, right? So, to be sure,
what happens when I start a 48 kHz stream on my client?
>  But I’m afraid my client could still be sending a resampled 41,1 kHz signal
> to the server.
> Also, no idea if the 24-bit format is preserved or cut to 16-bit (I play a
> lot video tracks in 24-bit).

Your other suggested method via hard coding the PA remote server doesn‘t work
for my setup because I want to use a native sound card + usb sound card on the
client too.

Thanks for your highly appreciated response and sorry for my late answer now!

24.07.2017 22:20 Tanu Kaskinen: