Hi all,

Well, I finally figured this out!

Turns out it was not a PulseAudio problem but my home network
configuration.

I unknowingly had DCHPD running on my Linux laptop, which seemed to
override the Airport's IP address with a 165.254.* one.

Disabling the daemon and rebooting routers resulted in a normal
192.168.0.* address for my Airport, and I can enjoy music through it
from Linux - finally!

Thanks to Tanu and Colin for your help.

Regards,

John