On Fri, 2018-02-02 at 15:43 +0000, victor puertas wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am using Debian 9 and I noticed the following problem:
>
> *Module "module-bluetooth-discover" cannot be loaded.
>
> I am executing the following command in a terminal:
>
> % sudo pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover
>
> > Failure: Module initialization failed
>
> I found a similar issue posted
> here<https://askubuntu.com/questions/689281/pulseaudio-can-not-load-bluetooth-module-15-10-16-04-16-10>
>
> I performed the proposed solution (workaround), but it still does not work :(
>
> Anyideas?
>
> pulse audio version: 10.0
>
> blueman-applet: 2.0.4

module-bluetooth-discover will fail to load if the module isn't
installed (package pulseaudio-module-bluetooth in Debian), or if
there's some problem with D-Bus. Syslog or systemd journal should
contain more detailed error messages.

Why are you using sudo with the pactl command? Are you running
pulseaudio in the system mode? Normally you would never use sudo with
pactl, because pulseaudio runs under your regular user account. And
normally you wouldn't need to manually load module-bluetooth-discover
anyway, because it's part of the default configuration (the askubuntu
"solution" advises you to remove module-bluetooth-discover from
default.pa, so maybe that's why you don't have it loaded by default,
but that doesn't explain why you're having problems in the first
place).

--
Tanu

https://liberapay.com/tanuk