Hi Georg,

I was working on simple Openwrt Platform, and Source device is Android
phone Bluetooth with Youtube app 24 hrs live streaming video and alsa
device is speaker, which is hardwired

The 12 hrs testing which i did on pulseaudio-11.1 are without my
modification. The basic modification which i made in the previous
pulseaudio-8.0 is with the idle state of bluez_source card (i.e., card is
vanishing when the song is in the pause state) and did some changes to
buffers of pulseaudio to reduce the latency. But in pulseaudio-11.1 i
didn't do all the changes as i didn't find any initial latency. but
periodic latency after 12hrs still exists. The issue is reproducible with
Gstreamer also.

I haven't worked on microphone scenarios, I'm just working on music player
and speaker.

Let me clear you some test scenarios for better understanding,
Case 1: Android phone as source (bluez_source) and device with internal
speaker (alsa-sink as sink for pulseaudio) -------> delay after 12hrs
exists.
Case 2: Device with Gstreamer as source and same device with internal
speaker (pulsesink with alsa card as sink for pulseaudio) ----------> delay
after 12 hrs exists.
Case 3: Device with Gstreamer as source and External Bluetooth speaker
(pulsesink with bluez_sink card) -----------> No delay after 12 hrs.

--
Regards,
Harish Gaddameedi