On 10.11.19 11:09, Pali Rohár wrote:
On Sunday 10 November 2019 11:03:25 Georg Chini wrote:
On 10.11.19 09:44, Pali Rohár wrote:

Otherwise looks good, though I wonder if the warning is really necessary.
It was there before, so I have not deleted it. It is also there for SCO
socket.
I know, but I am actually for dropping the warning in both cases.
Given the precision of the smoother, it should not matter much
if the current time or the  time when the packet was received
are used in the calculations.
Yes.

Also, if SO_TIMESTAMP is not
supported, we can't do anything about it and we get a warning
when the socket is created.
That is true, it is only warning.

But I think it has a value for debugging purposes. It could be possible
that today or future there code can work quite differently and if user
provide logs with above warning it could be easier to debug problems...

What I mean is that we get a warning earlier, when the socket is
created in setup_stream(). So the warning here only adds additional
information if the platform pretends to support SO_TIMESTAMP
but does not in fact do so, which I think is not very likely. But I am
also OK with leaving it in if you prefer.