Hi,

mh, looks like you have a problem then. Pulseaudio exclusively opens the sound devices, so if the player cannot be configured to use the alsa default device, it will not work. You could try using dmix (https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/PulseAudio chapter 5.1.3, just used Google,
did not check the content)

The only other option left is to start the player with pasuspender, but then again ledfx won't
work while the player is active.

Regards
               Georg