On Mon, 25.05.09 11:34, Jason Taylor (killerkiwi2...@gmail.com) wrote:

> I've worked around this by using xlib to grab the pid of the window
> application and that seems to work..
>
> No applications seem to set xid yet that I can see (banshee, rythembox, vlc,
> mplayer, totem etc)

As mentioned libcanberra does. But it might be the only one.

> For my next trick....
> pa_stream_peek seems to scale the data down by the sinks volume level... is
> there a way to get the data "unscaled" (excuse my misuse of the
> terminology)?

pa_stream_peek() will allow you to monitor the PCM data that is
actually written to the device, i.e. the end product of resampling/remixing,
volume adjustments and so on. Since we apply per-stream volumes before
we resample/remix it's a bit hard to give you the data unmodified.

Instead of monitoring particular sinks you can also monitor
particular sink inputs, which will give you the data without the sink
volume applied. (but with the sink input volume applied). To do use
pa_stream_set_monitor_stream().

Lennart

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net