Talk about fast response.. :)

I don't control the application making the sound

I'm trying to work around the  flash/firefox not releasing its sink input
correctly.. the only way I know of to detect if it is active is using peek
to read the data in the stream.

When flash/firefox is making noise I can then mute banshee

If flash/firefox is not making noise I want to unmute banshee

Yes flash should do the right thing... only it dosn't so im hacking around
it

If there is a way to detect the signal flash is outputing thats exactly what
Im after...

Jason

2009/5/27 Lennart Poettering <lenn...@poettering.net>

> On Wed, 27.05.09 11:27, Jason Taylor (killerkiwi2...@gmail.com) wrote:
>
> > Then you could hear the sound .. I dont want to be able to hear it.. just
> > detect that there IS sound
>
> Why would you do that? You could simply detect signal inside of your
> application then....
>
> Lennart
>
> --
> Lennart Poettering                        Red Hat, Inc.
> lennart [at] poettering [dot] net
> http://0pointer.net/lennart/           GnuPG 0x1A015CC4

"Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely
pointless. " - Calven