On 2011-02-23 04:19, fykc...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi David,

Thanks for your reply!

2011/2/22 David Henningsson<david.hennings...@canonical.com>

Your log indicates your HDA codec is a "Conexant ID 506e" - the Conexant driver does not
yet support this codec, so the driver falls back to a generic driver. I intend to make a new
attempt later this week to add a quirk for that particular chip. If you, in the meantime, could
point me to a bug in Launchpad (filed with the "ubuntu-bug audio" command), that would be
helpful, as that would include valuable codec info. Thanks!

I'm not running ubuntu, just using that package from ubuntu, so no
that command, sorry.

Ok, alsa info works just as well, see wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/AlsaInfo

The codec is Conexant CX20671-21Z, id is '0x14f1506e'. I did some
hacks, none works:
  * Switch the driver to latest one (embemed in linux 2.6.38-rc6)
  * Add an entry for 0x14f1506e, using patch_conexant_auto or patch_cxt5066

I just sent an entry for 506e upstream to alsa-devel. You might need a second quirk on top of that, just like I added for the Dell machines, see http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2011-February/037157.html

BTW, I can see ports in alsamixer (for capture: mic1, mic2, mic3),
which they can't be enumerated by PA?

I can't tell without having alsa-info but you might to be helped by my input mixer rewrite, which I'm still trying to get tested and committed into PulseAudio.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic