On 2011-02-24 03:27, fykc...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi David,

Thanks for your work!

You're welcome!

2011/2/23 David Henningsson<david.hennings...@canonical.com>

Ok, alsa info works just as well, see wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/AlsaInfo

Collected, see the attachment.

I just sent an entry for 506e upstream to alsa-devel. You might need a second
quirk on top of that, just like I added for the Dell machines, see
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2011-February/037157.html

I tried it, but not work for me. I doubt my 506e is not the one you mentioned:
  1. The vendor told me it's a Conexant 'CX20671-21Z', but yours is 'CX20590'.

I have no idea of what the real name of the chip is - I picked 20590 because 506e is hexadecimal for 20590.

  2. patch_conexant_auto works better than patch_cxt5066, the former
doesn't break playback and bring PA sink ports, but still no source
ports.

From your alsa info I can note the following:

1) The node graph is just like the other 506e:s I've seen, and identical to the 5066 family. So the 506e patch is correct.

2) Given your pin configurations, you should add either
options snd-hda-intel model=asus
or
options snd-hda-intel model=thinkpad
to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf.
That is, in addition to the 506e patch I sent to alsa-devel.

3) For some reason, parsing has gone wrong on finding the PCI subsystem ID. To write a quirk that does model=thinkpad permanently, we'll need the PCI subsystem ID for the HDA Intel device.

4) Architecture: Mips64? Never seen HDA Intel connected to anything but amd64/i386, but I guess it's possible :-)

Btw, feel free to move this thread to alsa-devel, as we're into ALSA level stuff rather than PulseAudio stuff.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic