On 11 March 2010 18:12, Michael DeHaan <mich...@reductivelabs.com> wrote:

>> It's already on the roadmap and as an issue, but we need to fix facter
>> HEAD first.
>
> Revisiting the facter bugs list, I don't see it as particularly in bad
> shape now that this fact is reverted.

Yup I want to get 1.5.8 rc1 out this w/e (when I have time to get
through the last bugs).

Exec needs love, as do some other areas but

> All tests pass for me on Ubuntu 9.10, for instance, though I've not
> begun wider testing.

You know we have hudson and can kick off tests on a bunch of *nix
platforms on EC2, right? I'd like to get this going on commit, have
the instances moved over to a RL backed account rather than James'
personal one?

> I'd be curious as to impressions on the state of things, and it does
> not seem that adding a new fact via this feature would be that
> intrusive.

Not intrusive, but I think that and some other stuff are big enough
for 1.6.0, if we get 1.5.8 out this weekend, and spend some timeboxed
time getting the stuff right for 1.6.0 adding external facts
(key/value), fixing up exec that'd be perfect.

Then for 2.0 we want richer data structure stuff, so it's all building
iteratively. Sound reasonable?

Paul

Paul