Thanks Michael!!!
new_type resource need to read content of 'interface' file and perform some
action.

>Overloading the notify/require relationship to make that association would
be a bad idea - they're 1-to-many and many-to-1 relationships - and
probably complicated to make work.
Sorry i am new to Puppet resource development, I did not get above
sentence. Can you please provide a example for it.

new_type resource should take appropriate action only if contents of file
'interface' is changed or attribute values of new_type resource itself are
changed between subsequent client run.
To achieve this i am using notify relation.
If user gives different path values in file and new_type resource the end
result would not be as expected, hence to avoid such scenario's i want to
remove 'path' from 'new_type' resource.