On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 12:25 PM, Matthew Gaspar <gat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A config file for facter is intriguing to me.
>
> Would this solely be used to change behaviors when running facter, or do
> you see some potential for defining some facts within the config itself?

I'd rather not mix config with content. If we want a facts.txt or
something, that's cool, but not configuration.

> Also, would you move facter specific configs into this facter.conf instead
> of being managed from the puppet.conf file (ie: cfacter, factpath,
> fact_terminus)?

I would like to see the search path for custom facts set in here. (And get
facts.d out of /etc, cause I feel bad about that).

There might also be something an 'expensive facts' list that we only
resolve once a day, or custom TTL settings, or something to improve the
performance of gathering facts. I'm just spitballing here though.