Hi .*,

I'm looking for a more or less thorough documentation of the usage of
the parsedfile provider. I'm already scanning through all the existing
providers but some open questions remain.

In particular I want to write a provider editing the /etc/sysconf/
files, in particular I need to alter the MODULES_LOADED_ON_BOOT in the
/etc/sysconfig/kernel (on SLES). The entry looks like:

MODULES_LOADED_ON_BOOT="module1 module2"

My goal ist to have a type, which can append a "module3" to this
entry, or replace the whole list, etc. (to stay generic for different
files in /etc/sysconfig).

I already manage to get the file scanned etc. (using also post_parse,
process, to_line) and have the entry manipulated.
But for appending I would need to have the resource checked in a
custom way (like the 'retrive' method to scan if the module already
exists is already in the list). Furthermore I don't understand how to
access the parameters in the provider, which are given in the resource
definition.
This kind of question arise more and more while working on the
provider. Therefore a 'complete' documentation would be nice, or a
'complete' example using all the possible hooks.

Thanks a lot for some more hints,
Frederik