Hi David,

I was just looking a bit more into augeas:
Is there a way to set variables in augeas wit values obtained by a
'get' statement?

Like:
augtool> get /files/etc/sysconfig/kernel/MODULES_LOADED_ON_BOOT
/files/etc/sysconfig/kernel/MODULES_LOADED_ON_BOOT = "ipv6"

Thus having a variable $oldval with values 'ipv6' which I could reuse
to set the value again. In this way an appending of values would be
easy, e.g.:
augtool> set /files/etc/sysconfig/kernel/MODULES_LOADED_ON_BOOT "$oldval sunrpc"

Thanks and bye,
Frederik