Hi Pupeteers!

I have a few questions regarding workflow that I'd appreciate insight
from you guys on..

1) How do people manage services that can't be affected all at once?
For instance, we run a number of DNS caches behind load balancers at
two different sites and (not that I'd do this!) if for example I set
bind to always be latest, how do I ensure that the puppet run doesn't
restart all my caches at once? Am I best to include the geographical
and logical information about what cluster they are in as data or
facts within the class, or is it better to subclass.. say
bind::cache::siteA etc..? Is there any kind of splay mechanism?

2) When working with a number of git branches (for test, dev, prod)
how do you manage the merges between them? Any links to this would be
appreciated. I'm a git/puppet newb (as you can probably tell!)

Cheers
Joel

--
$ echo "kpfmAdpoofdufevq/dp/vl" | perl -pe 's/(.)/chr(ord($1)-1)/ge'