On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Daniel Pittman <dan...@rimspace.net> wrote:

> The other is to use puppet to perform the work, and to use the
> PuppetCommander[3] mcollective plugin.  This allows you to schedule puppet
> runs from a central service.
>
> With this you can configure, for example, concurrency per collection of
> machines, where "collection" is defined as any mcollective search.

That's brilliant. I only became aware of MCollective yesterday (really
intrigued by the exim stuff, can see it being extremely useful!) and I
can see that fabric being a really good way of managing service.

I'll go off an do some reading regarding it. Many thanks for the heads
up, you were spot on with the git question too.

Joel

--
$ echo "kpfmAdpoofdufevq/dp/vl" | perl -pe 's/(.)/chr(ord($1)-1)/ge'