On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Ace <tejas....@gmail.com> wrote:

> As you can see the append function is running last and hence all this
> is working. What controls the sequence in which the modules/classes/
> function execute in puppet? Is this random or during the catalog
> compilation, puppet understands that it needs to run specific modules
> earlier and other modules later.

It's random unless you define relationships between the classes.

I highly suggest you keep the principle of encapsulation, resources should
only require resources within the same class, and intra-class relationships
should be defined as class<->class, never to individual resources in a
foreign class.