Hi,

My Puppet dashboard shows errors on nodes that want to upgrade from
2.6.7 to 2.7.0.

Package[puppet] (/etc/puppet/production/modules/puppet/manifests/init.pp:24)
Property Message
ensure change from 2.6.7 to 2.7.0 failed: Could not update: Could not
install: RDoc failure in lib/puppet/interface/option.rb at or around
line 6 column 40 Before reporting this, could you check that the file
you're documenting compiles cleanly--RDoc is not a full Ruby parser,
and gets confused easily if fed invalid programs. The internal error
was: ERROR: While generating documentation for puppet-2.7.0 ...
MESSAGE: Name or symbol expected (got
#<RubyToken::TkDSTRING:0x9f7eff0>) ... RDOC args: --ri --op
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/doc/puppet-2.7.0/ri --title Puppet -
Configuration Management --main README --line-numbers --quiet lib
--title puppet-2.7.0 Documentation (continuing with the rest of the
installation) RDoc failure in lib/puppet/interface/option.rb at or
around line 6 column 40 Before reporting this, could you check that
the file you're documenting compiles cleanly--RDoc is not a full Ruby
parser, and gets confused easily if fed invalid programs. The internal
error was: ERROR: While generating documentation for puppet-2.7.0 ...
MESSAGE: Name or symbol expected (got
#<RubyToken::TkDSTRING:0xb4c3d0c>) ... RDOC args: --op
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/doc/puppet-2.7.0/rdoc --title Puppet -
Configuration Management --main README --line-numbers --quiet lib
--title puppet-2.7.0 Documentation (continuing with the rest of the
installation) INFO: `gem install -y` is now default and will be
removed INFO: use --ignore-dependencies to install only the gems you
list Successfully installed puppet-2.7.0 1 gem installed Installing ri
documentation for puppet-2.7.0... Installing RDoc documentation for
puppet-2.7.0... at
/etc/puppet/production/modules/puppet/manifests/init.pp:24

warning         Skipping because of failed dependencies
        /Stage[main]/Puppet/File[puppet.conf]
        /etc/puppet/production/modules/puppet/manifests/init.pp         36
warning         Skipping because of failed dependencies
        /Stage[main]/Puppet::Centos/Service[puppet]
        /etc/puppet/production/modules/puppet/manifests/centos.pp       29

When I check the local machine the gem was installed, but the service
is not restarted so 2.7.0 is not being used.

I have a cron job setup that reloads the deamon process once a week,
but would like to use 2.7.0 right after upgrade.

---
Martin