Hi Martin,

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Martin Willemsma <mwillem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My Puppet dashboard shows errors on nodes that want to upgrade from
> 2.6.7 to 2.7.0.

(snip)

> warning         Skipping because of failed dependencies
>        /Stage[main]/Puppet/File[puppet.conf]
>        /etc/puppet/production/modules/puppet/manifests/init.pp         36
> warning         Skipping because of failed dependencies
>        /Stage[main]/Puppet::Centos/Service[puppet]
>        /etc/puppet/production/modules/puppet/manifests/centos.pp       29
>
> When I check the local machine the gem was installed, but the service
> is not restarted so 2.7.0 is not being used.

If I get it right, your dependent service is not restarting, since the
"upgrade resource" fails? For me it worked just installing the gem
2.7.0 next to 2.6.8 (through the package provider).

How would you have the package provider installing/updateing the
puppet gem trigger the puppet service, without killing the just
running (daemonized/scheduled) puppet process?

It works in two runs:
1. install/upgrade the gem, triggering the service restart (which
happens, so the new puppet version is running, but the current run got
killed).
2. the next scheduled run, runs normally with the new version.

But is there a way not to have the running process killed and produce
a failed run?

BTW: How do I uninstall the old gem? (there is  no ensure => "^2.6.8"
or similar)

Bye
Fredeirk