You can add new entries using the 'host' type:

http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/stable/type.html#host

For example:

host { "myhostname":
  ip => "1.1.1.1",
}

By itself, it won't remove existing entries (but there is a way to do
this as well using purging).

If you haven't read it already, there is a language guide which
explains using resources in more detail:

http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/language_guide.html#resources

ken.

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 3:45 PM, newguy <aimanparv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys
> Am new to puppet so please take it easy on me.
> I want to know how can I add lines to hosts file on the client
> machine, I am trying to add a couple of IP addresses to the hosts file
> on client and I dont want to overwrite their hosts file, just add new
> stuff in there.
> My server and client both are running Ubuntu.
>
> Thanks

"Join us for PuppetConf, September 22nd and 23rd in Portland, OR:
http://bit.ly/puppetconfsig";