Thanks for this help Ken, one more question please, suppose I want to
add the following lines in the smb.conf file already existing on the
client machine:

[USERNAME]
path = /home/USERNAME
available = yes
valid users = XYZ
read only =yes

How can I add lines to smb.conf with out overwriting the content of
the file.