Hi all,

Doing some work with a puppet 2.7.14 installation to see what's new and needs
to be changed, however i'm seeing unexpected behavior with my manifests, so my
external node directory isn't being imported.  This is on a rhel 5 server with
the puppet rpms from yum.puppetlabs.com, but the cilent machines is based on
fc17 beta with 2.7.13 rpm (which is with that version for now, and has
ruby-libs 1.9.3)

First, some appropriate filedumps frome manifests directory:

-------

> cat /etc/puppet/manifests/site.pp
import gfedevws-templates
import 'nodes'

-------

> cat /etc/puppet/manifests/gfedevws-templates.pp
class gfedevws-template {
        notify { "gfedevws-template": }
        include common::puppet-cron
        include gfedevws::puppet-conf
}

-------

> cat /etc/puppet/manifests/nodes.pp
node default {
        include common::puppet-cron
        notify ( "Default node": }
        include gfedevws::puppet-conf
}

#node gfedev-fc17test {
#       include common::puppet-cron
#       notify ( "gfedev in node.pp": }
#       include gfedevws::puppet-conf
#}

import 'gfedevws/*.pp'

-------

> ls /etc/puppet/manifests/gfedevws/
gfedev-fc17test.pp   init.pp

-------

> cat /etc/puppet/manifests/gfedevws/init.pp

import "*"

-------

> cat /etc/puppet/manifests/gfedevws/gfedev-fc17test.pp
node gfedev-fc17test {
        include gfedevws-template
        notify { "gfedevws/gfedev-fc17test" : }
}

-------

Every time I run puppet on the client, it falls through to the default node, or
if I comment out the default node it does nothing.  The one time I uncommented
the gfedev-fc17test node entry in nodes pp it applied that correctly, and
didn't complain of duplicate node defintion as in previous releases.  However
I'm unable to make it apply the configuration in the imported gfedevws
subdirectory.

I know import is frowned upon, but at this stage its still valid for node
definition/manifests, and should be working correctly, unless i'm missing
something.  All the modules actually used are also correct as far as I can see.

Is there a way I can check or prove if those files are even being parsed by
puppet?  running my puppetmaster with debug doesn't seem to trigger anything
useful.

Regards,

Daniel