On 25.06.2012 14:45, Bernd Adamowicz wrote:
We got a totally integrated solution made up with Puppet, Icinga and
stored resources. When integrating a new host into Puppet, one just
has to wait until it gets monitored in Icinga - no more work to do.
Some details are found here:
http://www.bernd-adamowicz.de/tag/monitoring/

I have a similar aproach, in theory it works great. However, i am up to 200 Hosts and 5000 Services right now - and puppet at the nagios host needs aprox 45 Minutes for a run to collect/check all the nagios_* stuff. Is this me or are other people experiencing similar results once you go beyond a certain number of objects?

Regards
Alex