I'm looking for a way to balance out services when insuring the content of
configuration files.

Example is how to do this with /etc/yp.conf:
##
domain example.com server 192.168.1.2
domain example.com server 192.168.1.3
domain example.com server 192.168.1.4
##

I'd like to *change the order of the entries *in a random or rotating
fashion so that multiple machines would get a *different *order so that we
can scale the services without having to invest in a load balancer.

Obviously, we wouldn't want the contents to continually change on every
machine, so the tests would need to be appropriate.

Any ideas?

Thanks.