Hi,

I'm not a total newbie with puppet, but I only use it for a few things and
I'm not even using modules yet, mostly because I only deploy configuration
files for now.

I have a configuration for NTP that looks like this:

class ntpd {
    package { "ntp":
        ensure => installed,
    }
      file { "/etc/ntp.conf":
        owner => root,
        group => root,
        mode => 0644,
        source => "puppet://$puppet_server/files/ntp.conf",
        require => Package["ntp"]
    }

    service { "ntpd":
        ensure => running,
        enable => true,
        hasrestart => true,
        hasstatus => true,
        require => [Package["ntp"], File["/etc/ntp.conf"]],
        subscribe => File["/etc/ntp.conf"],

However, I would need to push a different file to my NTP servers (the
puppet://$puppet_server/files/ntp.conf) are for clients.  How can I do
that?  Can I simply declare my two servers in a node declaration and set a
variable in it and then use a puppet:// path that includes a variable?

The setup is that I have 2 NTP servers that sync to servers on the net and
all my servers and equipment sync to these two servers.

Thanks,

Ugo