On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 7:01 AM, bowlby <bramenn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm running into a problem using the puppetlabs provided vcsrepo-module. It
> keeps giving the same error:
>
> --------------
> notice: /Stage[main]//Vcsrepo[/usr/share/test2]/ensure: Creating repository
> from latest
> err: /Stage[main]//Vcsrepo[/usr/share/test2]/ensure: change from absent to
> latest failed: Could not create repository (non-repository at path)

I suggest running with the --debug flag turned on and then comparing
the git commands that Puppet is executing to the commands you execute
manually.  I suspect there's a slight difference that's causing the
wrong directory to be used by Puppet or something.

If you're still stuck, could you please follow up in this thread with
the debug output and the git command you're executing manually?  This
information should help us troubleshoot the issue more quickly.

-Jeff