This functionality is a fantastic improvement over the, already useful,
data.pp functionality of the hiera_puppet backend.
For me this means i can create modules with defaults without limiting the
module to the specific defaults i can think of and
have them easily over-ridable without modifying the module itself.

Great work!

Thanks,

Stefan Goethals.

ps. Just let me know if you need more testing to be done.