Hello puppet-users,

We're pleased to announce that Puppet Enterprise 3.1 is immediately available
for download: http://puppetlabs.com/misc/pe-files/

This latest release introduces the Puppet Enterprise event inspector, a new
reporting tool that identifies what changed, where and how in your environment
through the visual inspection of changes by classes, nodes and resources.

Additional new capabilities in Puppet Enterprise 3.1 include:

* Discoverable classes and parameters: Use the Puppet Enterprise GUI to
inventory all the classes you're using in your infrastructure, then apply them
to nodes and edit their parameters.
* Google Compute Engine (GCE) provisioning: Stand up GCE cloud infrastructure
by automatically provisioning, classifying and configuring nodes.
* Windows reboot management: Configure automatic rebooting of Windows upon
"pending reboot" system requests and the installation of new packages.
* RHEL 4.0 support: Puppet Enterprise 3.1 adds RHEL 4.0 to existing support for
RHEL 5.0 and 6.0, as well as Microsoft Windows, AIX, Solaris, Debian, Ubuntu,
and more.

Get a full overview of all of the new Puppet Enterprise capabilities here:
https://puppetlabs.com/puppet/whats-new/

Or review the docs here:
https://docs.puppetlabs.com/pe/3.1/

Want to see it in action? Attend a 30-minute, live technical webinar on
Thursday, October 17, demonstrating the new Puppet Enterprise event inspector.
Register today: https://cc.readytalk.com/cc/s/registrations/new?cid=wkzlqmd5myxr

We hope you enjoy this release, and we look forward to your feedback!

Eric Sorenson - eric.soren...@puppetlabs.com - freenode #puppet: eric0
puppet platform // coffee // techno // bicycles