Hi,

I've inherited an environment that is using Puppet 2.7. We're migrating
from one datacenter to another, but we're still running out of the old
datacenter. Some of our hardware there is reaching EOL, and it's creating a
situation that I, with my limited Puppet experience, am not really sure how
to procede.

We have a node that is fairly critical, that may be dying. Long story
short, we have a a server there that has the same resource setup (CPU, RAM,
etc), that isn't doing anything, and we want the spare node to take over
for the critical node. After much discussion, we think the easiest way to
make that happen is by running the puppet manifest for the critical node,
on the spare node.

This raises a couple of questions - the one that I'm having the most
trouble wrapping my head around is, what is the best method for making the
spare node use the critical nodes manifest? I don't think I can just copy
and paste it into the spare nodes manifest (it used to be part of a
different group of servers), can I? I assume I need to change the
hostname...if so, what is the best method for doing so?

Both nodes are running Debain 6 - any and all help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,

Roger