On Thursday, September 18, 2014 6:22:22 PM UTC-5, Jürgen Hermann wrote:

> The Puppet file you pass to an apply is basically a full site.pp, so try
> adding a "node default {…}" around your resources.
>
> See https://github.com/jhermann/devpi-puppet/blob/master/site.pp#L31 for
> an example.

No, a node block should be unnecessary in this case.  Any declarations
appearing at top scope apply to all nodes.  It is in fact possible to
support a full-scale site without any node blocks at all (not even a
default node).

The most likely explanation is that the named user already exists, which is
what Felix was probing.  It is also possible that the problem is related to
a missing Ruby module (e.g. ruby-shadow, as shashank suggested), but in
that case I would have expected Puppet to emit an error message.

John