On 09/20/2014 08:46 PM, Justin tim wrote:

> It was a silly mistake that i was doing. I was creating the manifest
> in wrong dir path. My actual environment where puppet would look for
> manifest files is ------/etc/puppet/environment/production/manfiest.

Does not compute. Your original post stated that you used

    puppet apply user-absent.pp

which looks up the current directory and no other locations.

I suspect that the information you presented was incomplete or
inaccurate. This is acceptable, but please try and be more responsive to
the fellow users who take the time and try to help you out.

> t would be of great help if someone could tell me how to push files on
> multiple clients from the puppet master server ( though i understand
> that puppet is a "pull" system and not a "push" ) using 'puppet apply
> file.pp' . I came accross an article saying that "puppet kick" does a
> push, but again read somewhere that it is depricated in newer versions
> of puppet.

Please open a new thread if you have followup questions that are rather
unrelated to the original topic. Make sure to elaborate on your desired
scenario, so that everyone can give you more educated advice.