Its probably easiest to explain what I want to accomplish.

I want to create the following 3 files:  */etc/motd, /etc/issue,
/etc/issue.net* from a single (1) puppet file resource using the content =>
template('template.erb') syntax.

I don't want to create 3 separate file resources and use the exact same
syntax three (3) times.

I have a class (I am a novice puppet code) and here is what I have in it so
far...

class manage_banners::text {
       { file '/etc/motd':
               ensure  => 'file',
               owner   => '0',
               group   => '0',
               content => template('some_banner_text.erb'),
       }
}

class manage_banners::gdm {
     <snippet ... nothing in here yet>
}

class manage_banners::kde {
     <snippet ... nothing in here yet>
}

In the manage_banners::text class I don't want to place 3 file resources
(one for each of the /etc/ files).

I am thinking that there is a solution for this, but I don't know how to
keyword search for something like this.

Please help, and thank you,
Warron