On 12/10/2016 9:55 PM, Adam Thompson wrote:
Ultimately, "Always Use DirectIO" is a religious belief, not a technically
sound belief.  There are situations where it makes sense, and other situations where it
doesn't.  The same can be said of*every single*  setting - if there were only One True
Correct Setting, it wouldn't be available as a user-settable option in the first place!

I wasn't meaning WriteBack or Direct-IO - there is also WriteThrough. I found with ZFS + SSD SLOG writethrough performance was the same as writeback.

But yah, there is no onesize fits all setting ;)

Lindsay Mathieson

pve-user mailing list