In previous versions (3.x) I used to do the following:
(*_NEVER TESTED BY ME ON 4.X_*)

Let's say grop2 is your dead node, grop1 one of your running nodes.

From one of the running nodes:

- In /etc/pve look for config files of the dead node (es. grop2)
root@grop1: $ cd /etc/pve/nodes/grop2/qemu-server/

- With ls you should see the list of vms running on the dead node

- Move the vm .conf file to the node where you wish to run the vm
es. to move vm 111 from grop2 to grop1: mv 111.conf ../../grop1/qemu-server/

Do the same for every vm running on the dead node, until
grop2/qemu-server become empty.

- Restart following services on all nodes:
systemctl restart pvestatd.service
systemctl restart pvedaemon.service
systemctl restart pve-cluster.service

- Issue "qm list" to verify that vms have been moved

- Start vms:
root@grop1: $ qm start 111
ecc.

Bye