You can simply move from any of the running nodes the files in
/etc/pve/nodes/name-of-dead-host/qemu-server and move the *conf files to
/etc/pve/qemu-server
Your VMs will appear in that node.

PS: if you can repair your dead node without reinstalling it, delete the files
in /etc/pve/qemu-server and /etc/pve/nodes/name-of-dead-host/qemu-server before
connecting to the cluster; i have never done it, but I think that is the right
way.

Regards, Fabrizio

----- Il 7-nov-16, alle 11:16, Szabolcs F. subc...@gmail.com ha scritto:

> Hello All,
>
> I've got a Proxmox VE 4.3 cluster (no subscription) of 12 Dell C6220 nodes.
>
> My question is: how do I move a VM from a dead node? Let's say my pve11
> dies (hardware issue), but the other 11 nodes are still up&running. In this
> case I can't migrate VMs off of pve11, because I get the 'no route to host'
> issue. I can only see the VM ID of the VMs that should be running on pve11.
> But I want to move the VMs to the working nodes until I can fix the
> hardware issue.
>
> All my VMs are stored on NAS servers, so a failing Proxmox node is not an
> issue from this point of view, I can still access the VM files. All my 12
> PVE nodes access the storage with NFS.
>
> Thanks in advance!

---
Fabrizio Cuseo - mailto:f.cu...@panservice.it
Direzione Generale - Panservice InterNetWorking
Servizi Professionali per Internet ed il Networking
Panservice e' associata AIIP - RIPE Local Registry
Phone: +39 0773 410020 - Fax: +39 0773 470219
http://www.panservice.it  mailto:i...@panservice.it
Numero verde nazionale: 800 901492